My 10 Goals for 2018

2018

My 10 Goals For The Year

2018 is going to be a big year for me since I will be starting my first year of University in September and moving away from my Dad to live on my own -my University is a 2 hour drive from where I currently live- and although I am so incredibly excited to start this new chapter of my life, I would be lying if I didn't say that I am also absolutely terrified.
 I am somebody that does not like to be  put into new and unfamiliar situations, especially on my own, but, even so I am so determined to make these next 4 years some of the best years of my life.


 I have given myself goals that I think will be possible for me to achieve by the end of  2018 and I am also hoping that writing this post will keep me motivated to do so..


 1. Don't Let The World Get You Down
 
  High School wasn't fun for me. I didn't like the school, the people or the routine so I was very unhappy and had no motivation, but since finishing High School in June of 2017, I have made it a conscious effort to work on my perception of myself and the world around me. I have come very far in the last 6 months but am nowhere near where I would like to be, however every day I am a step closer to my goal which is all the really matters. In university I would definitely hope that I can keep this up and become much stronger mentally than I currently am.


2. Work Hard
 
  Due to the fact that I wasn't happy in high school, I did not work as hard as I could have, and a small part of me regrets this so for the next 4 years I want to put my all into the school work and my future. Relaxing and having fun is of course important too, but I want to make sure that I don't fall into the routine of constant procrastination.


3. Join Clubs/Start a New Sport


   I have never played a sport in my entire life, but I have always wanted to. The university I'll be going to has many different sports clubs that I hope I have enough courage to join and maybe even actually get slightly good at something??


4. Meet New People/Make New Friends
 
  Going to a completely new school in a new city means I will undoubtedly be meeting new people, but since I am incredibly shy and horrible at starting conversations with strangers I find it hard to actually make friends. Hopefully I can change this when going to university.


5. Take Care of My Overall Health
 
  Currently I eat pretty healthy -with the occasional pint of ice cream here and there- and I work out daily, but I am hoping to, obviously, continue this but also put more effort into exercising properly, like actually joining a gym, not only that but finding different ways to get exercise that I enjoy besides going to a gym.


6. Get My Drivers License


7. Hopefully Get a Dog
 
  -preferably a corgi-


8. Keep Working On This Blog
 
   I really enjoy writing but sometimes I just get side tracked and completely forget that this blog exists, so in 2018, I want to write a blog post at least twice a week.


9. Travel
 
  Travelling while at school may be difficult, but even if I don't get to go very far, I still want to see more of the world during these 4 years.


10. Just Enjoy My Life and Time At University


   If you are starting something new in your life this year, or if you already have, I really hope you enjoy every moment of it. I know very well how daunting it can be to do something new but just think about it like this, your whole life has been a series of starting new schools, jobs, projects and meeting new people and you have survived it so far right? Relax, try not to over think it, and just know that chances are you are not the only one in that situation.


 I hope you all enjoyed this post, if anyone has any tips on starting a new school or starting University in general, please feel free to comment and let me know..I need all the help I can get..



Thank you for reading!







Comments

Popular Posts