My Skincare Routine for Clear Skin

My Skincare Routine

Products and tips for clear skin





Clear skin can do wonders for your confidence and self-esteem, however actually getting to the point where your skin is constantly clear and smooth can be, filled with wasted money and a pile of half used or barely touched face products.

These 4 products are what I use most often and they seem to be doing the trick for me. My skin is normal/combination where I get oily on my forehead, nose and chin but occasionally I can also get dry patches around my nose, mouth  and forehead.

Now I'm quite lucky in the sense that don't get many breakouts or struggle with serious acne, but I do struggle with keeping my skin's texture consistent throughout the year. I also have quite large pores and blackheads. So this post is more for people who's skin isn't terrible but does need some help from time to time.





Products I use day to day, and Love


La Roche-Posay EFFECLAR purifying foaming gel for sensitive and oily skin - 200ml

 

I use this cleanser every single morning and night to clean my face. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, however, it can also make your face feel a little tight if you don't moisturise right after. It definitely keeps my T-zone from becoming oily throughout the day which, of course, is much appreciated.



Simple Kind to Skin light hydrating moisturiser (SPF 15) - 125ml

This is one of the best moisturisers I have ever tried. It's light, so it doesn't make your face feel sticky or like you have a thick layer of moisturizer on. It's not oily at all, so your face will not look like a glazed donut by mid-day and even though it's light, it's still very moisturising and leaves your face feeling soft and hydrated. I use it every night and morning after cleaning my face. It has no fragrance and is white in colour.


St. Ives Green Tea blackhead clearing scrub - 150ml




This is my HG face scrub. I have never used a scrub that works as well as this at removing blackheads and making your face feel soft at the same time. I have used the other St. Ives scrubs and they tend to be too harsh, and make my skin feel dry after using then consistently. I use this 2-3 times a week whenever I take a shower because I feel like using it in the shower gives better results. The "beads" are much more fine then in other St. Ives scrubs so it is not harsh on your skin what so ever.


Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel spot wand - 3.5ml x 2

This is a gel that you put on any spot you have, and it makes it disappear literally, like magic.
 I have used this for years and I love it. It's a double ended "wand" that has a day and night gel on either end. I dot this directly on any spot I have, morning and night, and it either makes it smaller, or completely disappear over night. No scent, no colour or harshness.


Drink Lots of Water - at least 2L a day

Not everyone needs to drink the same amount of water, some need more others need less, however, I think you should strive to drink at least 2L a day. This may seem a lot, but if you think about it, It's only 4 regular 500ml water bottles, which for an entire 12 hr day is really not that much. To make it easier, you can flavour your water with lemon, lime, cucumbers, mint or any other fruit, I personally  don't like flavoured water but I know plain water can be hard to get down after a while. To help you keep track, you can carry around 500ml water bottles that you can refill through out the day, or if you're at home, you can just buy a 2L bottle of water so you know when you finish it you have drank 2L.


Cut back on heavily processed, sugary or oily foods.

I used to eat very oily and sugary foods on a daily basis and my face definitely did not like it. I used to get spots on a much regular basis all on my forehead and chin, but after I cut all that out and changed my diet to a more well balanced and healthy one, my skin has been so much better. I rarely ever get spots anymore and my skin doesn't look as dull and dreary. A well balanced diet isn't just good for your skin but also your whole body. This doesn't mean you can't eat junk food anymore, I still do, but just not every day for every single meal.


Let your skin breathe

Using make up is completely fine, but it is important to let your skin breath from time to time. It can be tempting to put on layers and layers foundation and concealer when you are having a bad skin day, but caking your face, especially if you have acne is not a good idea. I know its easier said then done when you wake up and can't stand the look of your skin, but honestly why does it matter? skin is skin. literally every single man and woman in the world has bad skin days or days when they are not comfortable in their own skin. You have to remember that you are beautiful no matter what your skin is like, and if anyone tells you differently look them straight in the eye and tell them "f*ck you" because no one's opinion should matter enough to ruin your confidence or your day.


Products I Have Used and Loved in the Past


I wanted to add these products in because they have worked very well for me in the past and the only reason I'm not using them right now is because I wanted to try out new skincare products, but I do go back to these occasionally and they still work just as well.


Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action face wash


Another products by Simple, as you can tell..I quite like Simple products. I love this face wash because it's gentle but it works very well at getting rid of and controlling spots and blemishes, at least for me. It doesn't try out the skin what so ever, or leave your skin feeling tight. I really recommend this for people who have minimal spots or blemishes because I feel like this maybe be too gentle for people with serious acne unfortunately. I have tried many products by Simple and I really love them. They are not harsh and leave your skin soft and hydrated plus, they are very inexpensive which is a great bonus.



Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel moisturiser


I bought this moisturiser last summer because I wanted something lighter that wouldn't leave my skin oily and I was very happy with the results. My skin didn't get oily at all and keep in mind, I was in Spain, in late June/July..so you could imagine how hot it was, and because its a gel, it is very light on the skin, didn't feel sticky or like you have a layer of moisturiser on your face and its incredibly hydrating. I can not recommend this enough, it does have a light scent but its not very overwhelming in my opinion and it disappears when it soaks into the skin. 


Used, Not Liked but Does What it Says


Biore Deep Pore Charcoal cleanser



 
Now, I wouldn't really recommend something that didn't work for me, or something that I didn't really like, however, this really does what it says. I only used this a couple of times because it broke me out, but I think that's just because my face must be sensitive to charcoal. I have used one other charcoal face wash in the past and the same thing happened. Despite it not working for me, I think this face wash is great. It got rid off all my blackheads, and left my skin feeling clean and smooth and it's unfortunate that it didn't work for me but I would recommend you try this anyway since many people rave about this face wash and say it works wonders for them. 



Everyone's skin is different and certain products that work for me may not work for you, but I hope that at least one of these products helps your skin out in some way. If you have any more products that work for you, and you think I'd like, don't be afraid to comment down below~


Thank you for reading!









Comments

Popular Posts